Friday, July 3, 2009

Girls Camp

I am serving as beehives advisor right now and I love my girls. I feel lucky that I could go up to girls camp this year at Lake Lyman. It was great, even just for the one night. I went up the last night and had a carload. I didn't get the latest email and we took the roughest way possible. It was so bumpy, but we made it. We even passed a truck pulling a camper pulling a jet ski that had rolled over on the side of the road. Only later did we realize that it was from our ward! Poor family!! We love them and are thankful no one was hurt.
I will never forget the rain... And then some. It poured on us that day AND night as we slept in a tent. The next day was my anniversary and I was in a rush to get home. But for some reason our ward took forever to pack up. We did the best we could but we were still the very last ward out of there. Oh well, it was a beautiful day and the rain had finally stopped. And unknowingly again, we took the wrong and bumpy way home, but we still made it safe and sound.
The stake theme was Be Believers. And our ward theme was Be Strong. It was awesome and Biffy was so great as Ward Camp Leader. She was unbelievable in her preparation and energy and excitement and ideas. What a great woman and example to these girls. She made camp awesome!! Her and her assistants too. You can't forget them either. Together those sistas rocked out a girls camp never to be forgotten.
This was a great experience for me. I LOVE girls camp. Even if I only get to be there for one day. It is worth it!



















No comments: