Thursday, March 12, 2009

sick and tired

This has been the sick house for a while now. Last week was a mess. Just before the illness spread to all of my kids I was telling someone that maybe it would be better if all my kids got sick at once instead of one at a time. Because it tends to drag on for a month when they get sick and better and then the next one gets it. Well, dreams really can come true. For a full week straight Sophie Peter and Max were all sick. Throw up, only want Popsicles, and I'm sick so I can watch whatever movie I want to sick (that doesn't count when everyone is sick by the way). When all the kids are sick at once it is hard on mama. So much caring needed to be done. Now I care, but I was exhausted. I got sick too!!! That's not fair I tell you!! I was so happy when the weekend came, only to realize that no matter what day of the week it was, we were all still sick. And Rich was still out. He has been working on a major project at his office all week and was no help to me at home, day or night. Same thing on the weekend. I single momed it. Sunday we were finally all well enough to make it to church together. But it was the first thing we've done together all week and it made everyone so tired. Poor Peter crawled onto the chair when we got home and fell asleep before dinner! He was doing exactly what I wanted to do, but couldn't. In any case, I am thankful for my health. Especially after us all being sick. We are sick and tired of being sick and tired. The sunshine outside is a welcome change and mimics the way we are finally feeling...

5 comments:

Amber Thompson said...

Awww don't they just look so sweet and innocent when sleeping? If only they were like this all the time! (I am of course speaking of kids in general lol).
Glad you are all feeling a little bit better!

Anonymous said...

so sorry all of you have been sick. I've been sick up here too. Please let the sun shine in!

Kierstin said...

oh, that stinks! I am so sorry that you had to take care of all of them by yourself when you were sick too! Yuck. I have had to do that before but not for four kids, only two and it was horrible. Glad your feeling better :)

Janalynn said...

Nothing like doing everything as a family....including getting sick. One time I'm sure Rich was glad to be busy at work, to miss getting sick too!

Fenton Family Journal said...

Hey, Blake will not be there... He is working and so it will be me - and I'm only going to be there less than a weekend - very quick trip to Utah. We will, however, be in town for sure in August for a week.