Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween



Super fun night with my 2 ninjas, cleopatra, and Hulk Smash.  It felt so low key and unrushed in the perfect crisp fall evening.  We were out for about an hour and the kids managed to score 6 full sized candy bars!!  Yep, we know all the best houses to go to!  And we followed out usual route to the awesome backyard with hot chocolate and scones!  The kids counted their loot and carefully chose out their 12 pieces of candy that they are allowed to keep and somehow managed to talk me into 2 additional pieces this year.  Then the rest was left for the witch to take away!  She gave the kids each $5 for their candy!  Nice witch if I do say so myself.
So Halloween wasn't ruined by my lack of sewing creativity as it was the first year I went out and bought the kids costumes.  Kinda sad, but it was such a hard year at home that I couldn't handle the stress of choosing a cute theme or sewing or anything.  And the kids were really happy with what they ended up with.  Even if Max ended up as a ninja, and not Captain America...  but that's another story for another day.

No comments: