Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Nativity


















Every year the Ford's have all the grandkids act out the nativity. This year there seemed to be such a large group together that extra costumes had to be made so everyone could be included. There were extra parts added too to fill in the story. We had the angel Gabriel, King Herod, and a real star (cute Shelby)! Along with a heavenly host of angels and a flock of shepherds. They did a great job too since Grandma was behind the scenes directing all of the kids. Of course Sophie was an angel and Peter a shepherd, although Sophie did go through a period of indecisivness where she wanted to be a shepherd because she ALWAYS has to be an angel. Sorry kiddo, that's the way the cookie crumbles when you are a little girl cousin. Max, well we decided it best not to disturb his happy mood and he sat with us. Gavin was going to be baby Jesus, but backed out at the last minute on account of sleeping in a classroom down the hall. We had our big dinner and family night at the church. There were 50 of us there!! I wish I had more pictures of the night. Like the cart full of pumpkin pie, or the 7 tables set up in a horse shoe and decorated with the little stockings full of silverware that JoAnne and I slaved over! And all that food! 2 turkeys and a ham. 2 pans of green beans, and stuffing, pitchers full of gravy, and a huge 11 layered jello, a huge vat of mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, lots of salad and so much more! Sad to report that we did happen to forget to assign out rolls. So we were roll-less on Christmas. I was sad, and so was my addiction to bread. But my mouth is still watering thinking about it all over again! It was a great night. And then we came home to get ready for Christmas morning...

1 comment:

Steve and Cyndi said...

That was such a fun night. I say this everytime we gather together, but really, I have never seen THAT much food all at once! The pumpkin pie cart was too much for me! So funny!
And I loved the Nativity! That was so much fun too! Did you video it too? I did, if you didn't. I am working on editing it so hopefully I can find a way to send it out to everyone...