Thursday, March 4, 2010

American Girls

I am so proud of Sophie. She and I have been reading the American Girl books for the past 15 months. We have only gotten through the first 3 series, not being as faithful at reading as we have been recently. We have read Samantha, Felicity, and as of tonight we have also finished Rebecca. Sophie actually finished the last 2 chapters on her own tonight because I had school, and she ran down when I got home to tell me the good news that she finished the book! I was a little jealous that she did it without me, so I guess I'll have to read the ending on my own. I have told Sophie that after we have finished reading all 6 books for all 10 American girls that she can get her own American Girl doll. We will be starting Addy tomorrow. I try to have Sophie read the first few pages and then I finish the rest of the chapter. She does really well and only gets stuck on the biggest words. I love reading with her every night we get the chance. She is such an amazing girl. Our reading time turns into talking time, and she and I are so alike. She is the best daughter I could ask for, and I know that we'll always be mother and daughter, but I also feel like she and I will be the best of friends.




3 comments:

Kierstin said...

Did you read enough of the Staker family blog to see that their baby boy drown in their bathtub? If you didn't, you need to go further down and read THAT story... it'll definitely tug at your heart strings.

Kierstin said...

So sorry about the drama with Braxton on Sunday... guess they are just never going to be happy. That situation stinks.

The MK Crew said...

My girls have recently gotten into the American Girl books too. We just found them at the library. So fun that you share that girl time with Sophie!