Thursday, August 30, 2007

Gas Prices



Tonight after running some errands we had to get gas in the van(Chevy Venture WB, 2003). I was shocked when I saw that the $40 we put into our 22(?) gallon gas tank almost filled it! We weren't quite on empty, but close enough. We paid $2.55/gallon at the local FlyingJ. That is the lowest since I can remember, and it is about time... I looked it up and we were paying an average of $2.98/gallon here in Utah last August. But I can clearly remember paying over $3/gallon in the not so distant past, and paying more than $70 to fill my tank from empty to full! Crazy! It's a good thing the comute to work is less than 2 miles from home.

Here's to hoping that doesn't happen again any time soon, and to celebrating the here and now with the $2.55/gallon at the pump tonight!


I found this also and thought it was interesting. How much do you pay at the pump???

1 comment:

Steve and Cyndi said...

Love that you blog! Also, I stole your age counter for your kids and added it to my blog! Don't be mad! Also, we are planning on coming down on Saturday to pick up a car from Jon... We'll have to let you know times as we get closer so Shelby can meet her favorite cousins and aunt and uncle!