Thursday, August 30, 2007

Picking Peaches




We have a peach tree in our backyard. Last year it yielded only a handful of peaches, but this year they have grown in abundance! Maybe the tree was holding out for this year when I have time to think about what I will do with the thousands of delectable things! (Yeah right - time is my worst enemy...) Well, they are starting to come in and drop off so I called my Dear Sister-in-law, Holly, to see if she had more time than me. Nope! But somehow we are making time to can some of them tomorrow! The kids and I had fun picking some of the ripe ones this morning. Only, Sophie and Peter had a hard time telling the ripe from the not ripe and ended up picking all of the ones they could reach. So I hope they will blend in with the good ones when we can them. They thought it was great fun because since the peaches have started growing I must have told them a thousand times "DON'T PICK THE PEACHES!!". While picking I realized how many we actually have. I picked an overflowing box today and probably have 10 times that many still out there! No joke...

1 comment:

Natalie said...

HIP HIP HOORAY, the FORDS have a BLOG!!!!!! I am so thrilled you started one!!!! Such an easy fun way to keep in touch and scrapbook your family! LOVE IT!!! Your kids are so cute and it's so great reading what's on your mind and a day in the life of Heather :) Fun, fun!

I'd be happy to help with any blogging questions - just ask! Take anything you want from my site - like lilypie.com for your kid's ages! Keep posting and I'll keep checking! Yay, happy day!