Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day.

On my top ten list of favorite things is breakfast in bed. I was 'forced' to stay in bed today until I heard the pitter patter of little and big feet bounding up the stairs. Rich likes to pretend that the kids will bring me cereal and milk - having made it themselves. But I know better. I was spoiled with crepes and mixed berries, bacon and orange juice in a champagne glass. And lets not forget that it was complete with a flower on my tray. I couldn't stay in bed very long to eat it because everyone was hungry and wanting to eat MY breakfast, so we took the party downstairs.

And I got something this mothers day that I have wanted for a long time. A Kitchen Aid!!! Yeah! We actually bought it several weeks ago, but have been saving it in the back of my closet for my special day today. I can't wait to start mixing things... Happy Mother's Day.


One of my favorite parts about Mother's Day is in church during sacrament meeting when all the primary kids get up and sing. Both Sophie and Peter were up there and looking at me the entire time. I felt so loved by my beautiful children as they sang those beautiful primary songs from their hearts. Of course I cried a little. How could you not... I am so blessed to be a mother. And the people who have made me a mother are so precious to me.

Sophie - my angel without wings

Peter - my charmer

Maxwell - my sensitive one

Gavin - my laughter

These children of God are such a blessing in my life. I feel so privileged to have been entrusted to their care while we live on earth. I learn so much from them. I learn about myself and I learn about God through them and their simple words and thoughts. I am the luckiest person in the world. I have my family.


No comments: