Tuesday, December 18, 2007

7 days to go



Popcorn Filled Ornament
Materials
1 Clear glass ball ornament
15-25 Kernels of microwavable popcorn (unbuttered recommended)
Paper bag
Glitter (optional)

Instructions: Remove the metal top.Place 25-30 kernels of microwavable popcorn in the ornament.Place the ornament in a paper bag and put in the microwave for 1 minute, 5 seconds (in my microwave). When the popcorn is done popping, remove the ornament carefully, it will be hot. Sprinkle some glitter in if you like. Tie a pretty ribbon on the top and hand from your tree.
This is what we did in Sophie's preschool today. I thought it would be a fun craft to do, that would actually turn out cute. It did, but it was mostly me working. The kids had fun putting the kernels of corn in the ball, and opening and closing the microwave door. I also made little tags with their names on them and strung them on the ornament. We also made one for Peter and Max.
We have been so crazy around here lately, and I wish I could be more dillegent on keeping up with my blog. And it hasn't been too stressful, just busy fun. I am in the middle of working on CHristmas sewing projects for the kids - that I have procrastenated until the last week. I am making them patchwork quillows. Peter's was done last week - but Sophie's I've put off. I was going to make one for Max, but no time, and I think I'll make him one when he is bigger.
For all of you checking your mailbox for letters from us, keep waiting. They are all sitting on top of my computer right now, almost all stuffed, and almost all stamped. I wanted to send them all out together, so maybe tomorrow - after the dentist appointment to get my cavities filled...
Our parents are coming this weekend, so on top of all the other stuff, we feel this need to get the house sparkling before they come. I'm not stressed about it, yet. It's just another thing to add to the list of things to do. The list goes on and on.
It's hard to think that one week from today the presents will be open and the turkey eaten. Then the countdown begins all over again. Oh, well - this is still my favorite time of year, even if it passes too quickly.

1 comment:

JaNece said...

How do you do it? I need to come spend the day at your house and take notes. You are always doing fun things with your kids and so festive, too! We tried decorating the tree, but Max pulls all the ornaments off and so the bottom of our tree is bare and the top is overflowing! Gotta love 'em!!