Sunday, December 23, 2007

Our Christmas Letter

We finally mailed out our Christmas letters the day before Christmas. Better late than never, right?

This was a great year for our family. It started off with us greeting our new little baby boy. Maxwell Richard Dean Ford came to us on January 27th (after 24 hours of labor!!!) And as you can imagine, he has grown and changed so much since then. We have lovingly watched him smile, coo, laugh, roll over, scoot, crawl, eat solid foods, climb stairs, and his newest trick is to stand alone. I am also pleased to announce that we have successfully taught him to 'NO NO' (not touch) the Christmas tree. (I refuse to not put up a tree, or barricade it off, just because I have little ones. I would rather take the extra time to teach them to stay away and not touch it. We do have the occasional problems, but they are easily reconciled.) It is fun to watch his personality and looks develop as he is now about to turn one year old! We know was supposed to be a part of this family, and we all love him so much.


Peter also changed a lot this year. He has his own friends and loves getting together with some neighbor boys for his playgroup every week. And he is learning a lot too. The other day he found some alphabet magnets and put them on the fridge. I didn't think he knew many of his letters, but he surprised me by knowing about 70% of them. He still won't ride his trike, or go on any type of amusement park rides, but we love him to pieces. He is fun comical entertainment to us in our family. This year he has had funny obsessions with pirates, power rangers, and spider man. We don't know where it all came from. And he has also shown his sensitive side more this year. He often shares and gets things for others without being asked. What would we do without Peter. We love you!


Sophie. She is a joy and a challenge, depending on the day. She is a people pleaser, for sure. She is also very smart. She can write words, and read simple words. She loves math. She enjoys preschool, and is excited for kindergarten in the fall. And she loves to draw. You should see how her people pictures are really coming to life, and she is always adding more detail to new pictures.. She learned how to ride a bike (with training wheels) this year! She is very independent and is so proud of her accomplishments, as are we. She loves being a big sister to her two brothers. Being the oldest, she is also very responsible. She is also a good helper when it comes to chores. She is getting old enough to do things like make her bed and help empty the dishwasher. She has a born love and gift for organization and order, and can easily spot something out of place, or a toy in the wrong box. We love Sophie!


I have had a great year. People have told me that baby number three is the hardest, but for me it isn't true. I do have not-so-fun days at times, but over all it hasn't been as hard as I expected. I have really been able to enjoy Max as a baby. I can be with Max while Sophie and Peter play together. I was released from my Young Women(youth) calling at church and was put in with the Primary as the 1st counselor. It was a good challenge to write the sacrament program, and I love the children that I serve, and the new friends I have made. I still play bunko once a month with some girlfriends. It is a nice break from reality. In the summer I finally caught on to Blogging! It is so fun, and addictive! I have found it to be the best way for me to communicate what is going on with us, and share recent pictures with those who don't live so close to us. Check it out!! http://www.rhspmford.blogspot.com/


Rich has been busy at work, as always. He works so hard to provide for our family. We have just celebrated the two year anniversary at the office. Rich started the beloved 'Daddy Day' this year. Once a week he takes Sophie or Peter (Max is too little still) to the office on Friday's. He works half a day, and then takes the kids on a special daddy date. Whatever they choose. They have played at the park, eaten ice cream, gotten a balloon, gone to the library, and gotten donuts. They really look forward to it each week. Rich has also encouraged all of us to get up earlier in the morning every day. I now get up when he does, and he makes a hot breakfast while I finish getting ready. We get the kids up and eat breakfast together as a family, read our scriptures and say family prayer. It has been the best thing for all of us. Rich is an amazing leader, father and husband. Thank you Rich. I am so proud of you!!


After reporting some of our positive highlights of the year I am happy to be able to tell you that 2007 has been a year of health and happiness for our whole family. We are truly enjoying this holiday season, without much of the stress, and look forward to more wonderful memories to be created in the coming year. We wish the best to all of you, and think of you often. You are all a great part of our lives, and love. We are blessed just by knowing you.


Merry Christmas! Love, Rich, Heather, Sophie, Peter & Maxwell Ford

No comments: