Tuesday, December 4, 2007

What is Mommy Good at?

Yesterday we were talking about our Christmas stockings (which Grandma made for us) and Sophie said "Grandma is really good at making stockings and Power Ranger costumes." I thought that was sweet and was fishing for a self esteem booster from my kids so I asked

"What is Mommy good at?"
I didn't get the responses that I was prying for:
Sophie said" You're good at taking naps, holding your potty, lighting candles, painting frames, and setting the table"
Peter said "picking up toys, and putting lights on the Christmas tree, putting books away, and making my bed."

I then said "anything else...?"
I got a lot of ummmmmms so I figured not.
Not exactly what I was going for, but what can you expect when trying to build yourself up from a 4 and 3 year old! The thing that I did get out of it is that the kids pay more attention to what I do than I thought!

PS- Rich thought he'd pick the kids brains too and asked "What is Daddy good at?":
Peter said "You're good at picking your owies, drawing people, going to work, putting your tie on, putting decorations on the tree"
Sophie said "cleaning our rooms (except he's not), blinking your eyes, going to the office, adjusting patients, making breakfast"

1 comment:

Kristin said...

That's so cute! I wonder what my kids would say about me. Frankly, it scares me a little. I don't know if I want to know. :)