Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve

May seem like a funny thing to do, but we spent our evening bringing in the new year making a gingerbread house! We wanted to do it together with my mom, and tonight was the night. I spent the day before making and baking the gingerbread from scratch, and then tonight after eating lots of good snacky foods we got to work. Fortunately it was just in time to put Max to bed, so he got one taste of the candy and then went down for the count. We all had our jobs. Rich and Sophie did the roof and my mom, Peter and I did the sides and grounds. We were really happy it turned out so cute, and that it didn't fall apart! And I have successfully convinced Sophie that we are not going to keep it forever and ever, that we will just make a new one each year. That was a hard concept for her to grasp. Before
Peter is our candy man

ta-da
After


1 comment:

Steve and Cyndi said...

How fun! I love the picture of Peter surrounded by the candy!