Thursday, February 12, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

So this tag has been floating around on Facebook for a while. I don't do much on facbook, so thought I would do it here.



1. I don't like chocolate. But I do like dark or bittersweet. The darker the better. Each pregnancy (with the boys) has led me to that discovery. I still don't like any chocolate sauce, ice cream or cake still.

2. I always hated my hair. I still do most days.

3. I never wrote a check or used a credit card until I got married.

4. I hate dishes in the sink. Especially both sinks. If the dishwasher isn't empty, you could neatly stack rinsed off dishes in one sink, but the other main sink with the garbage disposal has to be free, clear and clean at all times or I feel my blood boiling.

5. I felt like an old maid getting married at age 21. I lived in Rexburg, at Ricks college and I swear that most girls were still teenagers when they got married.

6. I delivered pizza when I was in college. I loved that job. I still think those high school jobs sound fun. Like working at the movie theaters or something.

7. My mom always made us be taking lessons on any given instrument. Piano was mandatory until 6th grade when we could choose another if we wished (band started in 6th grade). I took flute for years, and then voice for a few years. But I still regret not being better on the piano. That is such an important talent to have. So I will imply the same rule for my kids, emphasizing the piano.

8. When I get really upset I clean. When I get really depressed I like to go shopping. But I don't have to be upset or depressed to do either. I just do them stronger and better when I get down.

9. I figured out laundry in my life. 2 loads a day. It's funny because this has been hanging over my head for a long time now, and then one day it sort of clicked. I still don't always get the needed 2 loads/day done, but for some reason having a plan of attack has eliminated the stress over the endless situation.

10. I love collecting toys through my children. Maybe I'm still a kid inside.

11. Rich and I have been happily married for 7 1/2 years. We had 4 children in a 5 1/2 year span. Looking at that makes me realize why I feel as crazy as I do most days. But I know they all needed to come to our family in the timing that they did. They are all so important and add such wonderful flavor to our family life. Having so many weary days really makes me appreciate the calm moments in my life. By the way, only two of them were planned. The other two were surprises.

12. I loved being pregnant. I never got sick, loved my big round belly (until the last month), had better skin, and had the perfect excuse to eat anything I wanted. But I won't really miss never being pregnant again.

13. I hate nonsense gifts or items. They just end up being clutter. I prefer useful or practical items.

14. I love movies. I could watch movies every weekend. With popcorn. Air popped is my favorite.

15. I hate getting babysitters. I'd almost rather cancel a date than have to find a babysitter. It's not the paying that matters. I think they deserve the money I give them. It's the calling around.

16. I hate calling anyone on the phone. I like talking on the phone, but just don't like to be the one to do the calling. I don't know what I am so afraid of. But it really terrifies me. Silly I know. But true, I don't even call my mom as much as I really want to because I just can't pick up the phone. So, if you get a call from me, it's a really big deal.

17. I'm new to the world of texting, and it is awesome!!

18. I've never had a favorite animal. I'm not an animal hater or anything, they just aren't a passion of mine. I could take them or leave them, but when it comes to pets. That's out for sure.

19. I want my own house. Sure everyone does, but I think I want it more. I am so grateful for Rich's parents, and their house we live in. But I yearn for a permanent place I can call my own. Where I can have my family all to myself. And have our own yard to take care of and our own space in this huge world. I think it stems back to my mom. She never had the opportunity to own her own home, and it was always a dream of hers too. I think it is the deepest worldly desire I have.

20. I love to read. Never know what to read, so usually read selections friends or family have mentioned. I don't read often enough because the books take me away from reality and my wife and motherly duties.

21. I love fun socks. I only wear boring socks out of necessity. Black pants require black socks, or at least black-based socks.

22. I love purses. Earlier in our marriage Rich would bring me back a new purse on each business trip he would go on. I loved those times.

23. I am a procrastinator. I am trying to break this habit. But it is a strong one! That's why I'm still blogging.

24. I feel so super shy and I have a hard time making friends. ( I think some of that has to do with the fact that I would actually have to call people to get together) But I cherish the ones I have, more than they probably realize.

25. I love picnics. That is probably one of my very favorite things to do. But the catch is that you actually have to have a real picnic basket when you go. We have more than 1/2 a dozen.

23.

1 comment:

Kierstin said...

I totally agree with you on...

garbage disposal sink has to be clear
love dark chocolate
never take the time (not really shy) to call people to chat... I hate chatting on the phone because I always feel the urge to be doing something that has to be done
I HATE getting babysitters also. it's such a pain.
I took piano too and am sad that I didn't work harder at it
hate nonsense gifts too, I usually end up just throwing them away!