Friday, February 6, 2009

Sophie Turns Six on the Sixth

Sophie is 6 today. It is her magical birthday because she turns 6 on the 6th. She is getting old enough to remember things. I wonder if she will remember this day. I know I will. On my children's birthdays my mind is always drawn back to the day they were born. What an exciting time that was. Our first baby! She was 2 days late you know. Those were the longest days of my life. I worked till closing at my job as an apartment manager, even though I was in labor. I remember showing an apartment and stopping in my tracks for a contraction on the way. I was trying to hide it from the nice man. I wonder if he noticed. I was in labor forever. But not at the hospital. I waited and waited as long as possible. I was 7 cm dilated by the time we got there. And I started pushing an hour after that. And then there was the 2 hours of pushing her out!! But it was so worth it. We didn't find our her sex during pregnancy, but I was pretty sure she was a girl. I was right. Our sweet Sophie. She has grown so much. She is so smart. Kind. Loving. Patient. Honest. Willing to obey. Helpful. Forgiving. Capable to do anything. A quick learner. A perfectionist. Cleans her room for fun. Shy. Observant, she has a brain of an elephant and never ever ever forgets anything. Ears of a hawk. Talented. A peacemaker. Wise beyond her years. Proper. Hates getting her hair done. Feels like she is a teenager on the inside. Wants so hard to fit in everywhere she goes. Beautiful. A good reader. Does homework for fun. Obedient, most of the time. A little mother. Happy. Believing. Content. All mine. My only girl. I love her more than I could ever say.



I love how these turned out. She picked them out from some we scrolled through on google looking for birthday cupcakes. She was really excited that each cupcake had its own ladybug. The picture had them all yellow and Sophie wanted them all different colors. It took way longer than anticipated. But was well worth it. A few of the cupcakes did fall and smash on the way to the bowling party, but it wasn't too bad I think. That's why I got a shot of them last night... I thought that may happen.


We got her this dance HSM mat, which she LOVES. She says she can dance just like Gabriella with it, all she needs is the arm moves! And then she got this lovely Sharpay dress up from a friend.


Me and Soph...



Kaitlyn, Camryn, Shae, Kylee, Sophie, Madison, Kimber-Lynne, Lauren.




The 6 pound balls were still a little heavy and awkward, but totally fun. I think they ended up in the gutters a dozen times WITH the bumpers on...





What a fantastic day. Everything was perfect. It started out fun with an awesome birthday brunch with Sophie and 2 of her friends from church. Holly and Chloe. Holly's mom, Biffy, came too. I'm so glad she did. Biffy is awesome. It was fun to sit and visit while our girls played. I feel like I don't get to visit with my friends enough. I'm too busy with the mom stuff. So this was a great break. We had crepes with mixed berries, bacon and sausage, and orange juice. Everything Sophie asked for, and then she just wanted the strawberries in her crepes. Funny girl. I got to go with her and bring her treat because she was VIP this week. She picked push-pops to bring and the crowd went wild from the excitement they brought. Sophie was so happy they all loved the treat. She got to wear her new tu-tu to ballet that grandma made for her. And lets not forget the rockin' birthday party in the afternoon!!!!!!!

She picked to go bowling with some school friends. At first I said 5 and it turned into 7 friends and it couldn't have gone better. Rich stayed home with the boys and I went with Sophie to the bowling birthday party. I didn't have to do anything but bring the cupcakes and supervise the whole thing. This was the first party I've done where I didn't feel like I was babysitting. The girls all got along and were super happy. The 2 hours went by really fast and we barely finished opening the massive amount of presents she got before the moms started coming. It was the perfect amount of time. The bowling alley gave us drinks, balloons, goodie bags, a decorated table including a real bowling pin for Sophie to have her friends sign and she got to take it home.

On the way home we even stopped for a donut at Krispy Kreeme because the HOT light was on. I wasn't planning on going out to dinner, but by the time we got home I was really tired (especially since I was up till 1:30 finishing her cupcakes) and so we went out. Apparently the Training Table doesn't sing happy birthday to people so we had to sing it on our own at our table while we were waiting for our food. We even got applause from the neighboring tables. We couldn't let Sophie go without singing to her at her birthday dinner. She was almost in tears when we found out they didn't sing.

It was a great day. And I am happy that birthdays are over for a few more months.

Happy 6th birthday Sophie, I love you.

No comments: