Thursday, February 19, 2009

Vacation Work Week

Rich's secratary is on vacation this week. So that means I get to step in and run the office for Julie. Poor Julie when she gets back! I haven't worked in the office for 7-8 months! And I feel a little rusty. But it's been fun to work with Rich. If only he paid me too... And it's been a little vacation from reality to be without all the kids. I've taken Gavin, but he's so happy all the time that it's been a breeze. And the patients love him to death. The kids have loved playing with friends this week, so thank you to all of you who helped out! You are the best. I actually like working in Rich's office. And I love chiropractic. It is amazing some of the changes that it makes in his patients lives. I'm so grateful that Rich has a profession that he loves and that is so gratifying to him. Owning your own business is a hard road, but we are starting to see that it was a worth while decision for us.
What a fun and busy week. I don't know how working moms do it. You work hard all day long, and then you still have to make dinner and do the laundry when you get home. At least there is no one there during the day to make the house messy while you are gone... I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with my children all the time. It feels hard a lot of the time, but it is so much better than the alternative. But all of the best things in life come with a price tag.

2 comments:

Janalynn said...

Staying home raising kids is a lot harder than any 40 hour job for sure!! Sometimes a little break by working outside the home, is nice! Rich is lucky to have you! (I hate working nights, but sometimes, I'm actually happy to go, just to REST)HEE! HEE!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! I love your blog. If you don't mind, I'll add it to my blog list, too. Joe made a comment about your picture of your kids at the top... he said your family is like a Disney cartoon family where the girls are spitting images of the mom and the boys are just little versions of the dad. Almost like Lady and the Tramp. :)