Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm on a diet

Since my contest, where I went without sugar, I have taught my kids how to read labels on food packages. This afternoon I sent the kids out with 100% real juice juicy juice juice boxes for a little treat. We are not juice drinkers by trade (all water here!!), and so they thought it was a fun treat. Next thing I know, Sophie comes marching in and announces:


"I can't drink this. I'm on a diet and it has 23 grams of sugar in it!"

We had to sit down and talk about the different kinds of sugars, and the fact that she doesn't need to be on a diet, or get any skinnier.

2 comments:

Janalynn said...

LOL! She always passes on the sugar drinks at my house too. She always asks for water. Good for her. Good habits to make.

JaNece said...

That is too funny. My kids want ice cream for breakfast. Or cupcakes. Or anything sweet.