Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Washer

So, for the last 3 months I have been washing laundry at my in-laws laundry room in their attached apartment. 6 adults and 4 children with their dirty clothes, sheets, towels, and everything else that gets dirty, all sharing the washer during limited 24 hours each day has worked, but wasn't easy or fun. It has been a pain in the rear - to put it nicely. I had had enough this last week and put things into action. Looking around on KSL I found a deal I could afford, and that was that. We drove a little ways and picked the baby up. Can I just say, this is the first major appliance RIch and I have ever purchased in our almost 8 years of married life!!! We've never even bought a microwave or anything! It's a new step into adulthood. So our new/used washer is great. It may be old and not as hot as our old one, inherited from Rich's parents, but it washes my clothes. And that is all I need. Ahhh, the necessities of life (like a washer) are often taken for granted. This was a sweet reminder of how wonderful it is to have my own washer. We feel so blessed and grateful.

1 comment:

Janalynn said...

Wow! Good for you!! I think half my house is from KSL.com! Our Washer is 15 years old. We are hopeing it will last a bit more! It's amazing what you take for granted until you don't have it anymore.