Thursday, November 14, 2013

Cold Day and Hot Chocolate

Brrr. It was a cold day today. Well, at least I thought it was. Peter still wears shorts to school almost everyday. I pick my battles, and that's one I don't want to fight. If he gets cold, he's cold - not me. But it is the cool thing to wear shorts with tall socks. I roll my eyes... And Max only wears a sweatshirt to school half the time. Sometimes just short sleeves. But if he WANTS to go to school and doesn't want the sweatshirt or jacket, then I just let him go. Sophie and Gavin are more sensible.

We had hot chocolate for our paper chain today. I even found those tiny freeze dried marshmallows sold separately. The kids loved that and Max said they taste like Lucky Charms marshmallows. Sophie likes her hot chocolate with milk warmed on the stove so she took over that part while I was opening candy canes to use as stir sticks. They already have Christmas candy out in the stores!! No wonder people gain weight over the holidays!




No comments: