Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

The paper chain said to eat lots of turkey and boy did we. It was a feast. I made 90 rolls and there are probably 30 left. Mmm. And the nutter butter pie was gone in minutes. I barely snagged a piece. And I'm glad we made extra pumpkin pie. I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow! Sophie and Shelby ended up being twins with the same sweater tonight. Steve's wife Cyndi had her sister and her husband for thanksgiving and his name is Seth. Seth is a real magician and did an awesome show for us. He borrowed my wedding ring and made it disappear and it ended up in a zippered pouch in his back pocket attached to his key ring!!! We were all amazed at his tricks. Peter and Gavin got to help with some of the card tricks. He was a show stopper! He could make coins disappear from one persons hand and reappear in another persons hand in the same instant. You would have loved it!
So we hit a few black friday sales tonight. I got a pair of tall dark brown boots for $19, regular $70. And Sophie a really nice blue dress for $30, regular $80. I got a few things from The Children's Place, including a Micky Mouse Moustache shirt!  We headed to Walmart at 10pm and it was cleaned out! They started at 5pm which is crazy to me... and there was nothing left for us. But I didn't really need anything 
anyway.
And the real kicker of the day was the drive home from Kim's house in the little blue car.  There was not a minute where they were getting along at all.  They were teasing, touching, yelling, copying and annoying each other the whole time.  How is that possible?  it is only a 45 min drive...  Those kids...





No comments: