Saturday, November 10, 2007

Outside Today





Today was such a beautiful fall day! It was so nice out, it was almost hot... We already had plans to use today to put the Christmas lights on the house, and they even mentioned that on the radio today, saying it may be one of the last nice Saturdays left of the season, and people should get out there and put up the Christmas lights. So Matt and Rich were up there on the roof trying to figure out everything. Usually Rich's dad is here to help and instruct the whole process, but this year it was left to us to follow the map (thank you for that, what a help) of what strands go where, and there were a couple phone calls to ask for blind guidance too. And 4 hours later all the strands of lights were clipped to the roof shingles, and all the bad bulbs changed out. What a process. I even had a chance to walk on the roof and try my hand at it all. But Matt was the real hero of the day. He was up there the entire time, he didn't even come down for water, we threw it up to him. THANK YOU MATT, WHAT WOULD WE HAVE DONE WITHOUT YOU!!!!! While they were up there I spent a little bit of time trying to rake some leaves. I didn't get too far before the kids were 'helping me' and it was all over. Taking care of a house and yard is hard work. Will we ever be ready for winter, I don't know. But, we had a great day in the sun today. (PS - Rich and I got to go on a date after all the hard work! We went out to lunch to Texas Road House and gorged out on food, it was SO GOOD!!!) It was all worth it.

2 comments:

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

Cute cute kids! I love all the leaf pictures - and their definitive expressions in each one! :) Also, fun new blog layout and family picture heading! I'm so happy you're as passionate about blogging as I am!