Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Seat Belt Time Out


So, Peter is a boy. Sometimes he gets into trouble. His usual consequence it TIME OUT. It is not very sucessful as I usually go to get him out of time out and he is either gone, playing, or sitting, but things in the room are misplaced - when they were fine before time out. Clearly he does not think of it as a real consequence for doing something naughty, and no lesson is learned. I thought of this idea. He now goes to time out in the middle of a quiet room away from everything and everyone, on a folding chair, with a booster seat seat belt snapped in around his waist. It works like a charm! He actually stays in time out, and he feels the weight of a consequence. He now says to me that he doesn't want to go to 'seat belt time out'. I think that means it works. Just thought I'd pass the tip along if anyone else is having this problem.

1 comment:

JaNece said...

How very clever!! I will have to try that. Lukas is good at hiding in the laundry room which is where his current T.O. spot is. You are an amazing mom! :)