Thursday, July 10, 2008

Third one is the charm

While having some 'me' time and catching up on some blogging I was just happy the house was fairly quiet. I should have taken it as a warning sign. When I finished and got up from the computer I turned around and saw this...
UH-OH MAX...


He had taken the markers that were accidently left on the table at little arms reach and taken the navy blue and forest green ones and decided to decorate the walls!! He got 2 big walls, the window ledge, a dining chair and some of the floor, not to mention himself. He had it all over his legs, feet, face and onesie. Somehow he missed his arms. He really went to town and you can tell that I had spent too long on the computer - neglecting my baby. My saving grace came in the form of washable markers and it ALL came off! I'm just afraid that he has already learned the art of drawing on walls and will want to do it again... One question I am now asking myself is 'why do we even have markers?' But then I figured he could do the same thing with a crayon, pencil of anything else if he really wanted to. And it is really fair to always only cater to the youngest in the family? Sophie is old enough for markers and toys with small pieces. I guess I just need to be more careful and cautious.
So many people warned me that baby #3 was the hardest to handle. I haven't believed them, until now. This past year and a half have gone on pretty smoothly. I have been able to spend a lot of quality time with Max while Sophie and Peter play together. But Max is of a different breed and I'd like to blame it on the third child syndrom. He doesn't really talk yet and has learned a great talent in screaming. Luckily his appitite has greatly improved as he bravely tries new things to eat - like ramen noodles(still no veggies or meat). But there are some things that don't come naturally to him that did to Sophie and Peter. The two main things I am thinking of are drawing only on paper (not walls or floors) and driving cars only on the floor (not the walls). Still gotta love the little guy. He makes my day, most of the time.
I am trying to figure a way to prep him for the new baby, but he doesn't understand. I am afraid he is really going to have his nose out of joint when he can't be the center of my attention anymore. He is really a mama's boy.

3 comments:

J and J said...

Heather, Looks like you have a talented little artist on your hands! About baby #3, I totally feel your pain! Alyssa won't eat veggies, meat or most fruit either! What to do, what to do! And for me it wasn't until Levi came that Alyssa's most colorful side came out. Like pushing her way onto my lap while I was trying to feed Levi. I think it has more to do with the fact that they are so close together... so GEAR UP my friend! And know that other moms are in this with you! You're awesome and we love you! Good luck with your upcoming L&D.

Starr said...

HI RICHARD!!! This is Starr Daniels Fagergren! How the crap are you. Holy cow you have the cutest family ever! And like FOUR children! So fun. I hear from Steve that you are an insanely amazing Chiropractor! Very neat. I have a blog www.thefsut.blogspot.com and email me! starry.f@hotmail.com

Kristin said...

Oh Heather! I feel your pain! It seems that Reagan left more of a mark on your household than I thought! He left all his secrets to Max--the screaming and mess-making...so sorry! Sometimes all you can do is just be grateful that the markers were washable and pray they eventually outgrow the screaming sooner rather than later. Good luck! Can't wait to see how things go with #4. I'm counting on watching yours as a preview for mine in a few months.