Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Life Mysteries

Thanks JaNece. From the first sentence of your post I started thinking about my life too.

-Why does my baby cry every time I sit down to eat, even if I just fed him?
-Why do I put wrappers and other small pieces of garbage in my pocket when there is a trash can in almost every room in the house?
-Why do I NEVER check my messages?
-Why can I read hundreds of pages in any given book, but when it comes to reading my scriptures I can never get past a couple pages at one time?
-Why am I the only one who knows how to push in a chair at the table after I get up?
-Why do all the clocks read a different time?
-Why do I worry about cleaning my house all day long, and then do nothing about it?
-Where do all the hours in the day go? Is someone out there stealing them from me? Because I swear I come up short almost every day...
-Why do I get ready for the day when I don't leave the house, and no one comes over?
-Why does it seem like at least one of my children are crying, whining or fighting all day long?
-Why am I afraid to call a friend and invite them over for lunch on those days when I am lonely and really needing good adult conversations?
-Actually, why is it hard for me to call anyone I know about anything, but I have no problem calling perfect strangers?
-Why do I feel guilty about buying anything that is just for me(even deodorant), but don't think twice about it when it is for someone else in my family?
-Why do I sit on the computer reading strangers blogs or googling unimportant things rather than do my chores?
-Why can I NOT get to bed before 11pm every night?
-Why do I let my mail pile up to the point of it falling all over the floor before I do anything about it?
-Honestly, why do I torture myself by occasionally taking ALL 4 kids to the store or run errands with me?
-Why can I never stay caught up on laundry?
-Why does it drive me crazy when the toys get put away in the wrong box/bucket when they will all get dumped out again tomorrow anyway?
-How do my kids know the difference between real and fake keys or cell phones?
-Why do people care about their age or weight? It's all just numbers. Isn't it how you feel inside that really matters?
-Why is it that when mom is home with the kids she does things that need to be done around the house, and then when dad is home with the kids he doesn't?
-Why is Max sitting on top of Gavin right now as if he were a chair? (I guess I am procrastinating my motherly duties by blogging right now)
-How is it possible for Sophie to be an exact clone of me? And why can't I help her get past those certain characteristics and habits I had growing up that I see her falling into?
-Why do I feel like everything has to be perfect all the time?
-Why does the grass always seem greener on the other side?
-Why does my day always go better if I make the bed as soon as I get out of it?
-Why do hugs feel so good, no matter who is giving them?


I think I could go on and on, my life is full of the unexplainable...

2 comments:

JaNece said...

WOW! I know just what you mean! Especially about the chair never getting pushed in, the whining and fighting, the getting to bed before 11, and the age/weight thing...We are too alike! Life is a mystery.

Kierstin said...

I love it! That's funny that you remembered all of these to blog about. These days, I have a thought one second and then it's gone the next