Sunday, October 12, 2008

Carmel Apples




So we have two apple trees. We wanted to do something fun with them besides the onsuing applesauce and apple pie filling and apple crisps... We wanted to make carmel apples. We bought all the stuff to make them gormet. What fun is plain carmel??? We had colored coconut, crushed peanuts, skor bar, and oreos, and mini m&m's and reeses pieces. We made a dozen of them and then shared them with the neighbors. It was so fun dipping and rolling and decorating. My favorite one was dipped in white chocolate and rolled in crushed oreos. Peter and Sophie had a blast individually placing mini M&M's and Reese's pieces all over the dripping chocolate and carmel. It was a fun Sunday night activity for sure. The funny thing was that there was only enough carmel for 12 apples and we needed 13. We thought we had kept the non carmel one (it was only dipped in chocolate and decortated), but when we got home and cut into our yummies we realized we had accidently given it away!! Hope they didn't notice. I'm sure it was still tasty!

1 comment:

Muir Family said...

I wish I was still your neighbor...they look SOOOO good!!!
Great idea..I think I will try it for a FHE with my family.