Saturday, October 4, 2008

Conference Cleaning

I loved conference. I'll have to blog about it a little later. This post only slightly has to do with conference on Saturday afternoon. During the morning session I had the kids watch conference with me. I felt like a good mom. They colored and did conference kid things. Sophie loved drawing the speakers and drawing things they were talking about. But they started playing with friends in between sessions and it carried over to the second session. I thought sitting still in their own house watching that much conference on a Saturday was a lot to ask, so I said they could continue playing inside as long as they had conference on in the background. I watched upstairs in peace. When it was over the kids excitedly came to get me to show me a surprise... I am always leery to see what kind of surprises are in store when the kids say that. But this time I was pleasantly surprised. Not only had they picked up their games, but they cleaned everything too. Swept the floor, loaded the dishwasher, and cleaned all the windows. My favorite part was the thick translucent film of something all over the windows. They didn't realize that they had used carpet cleaner to clean the windows, table and counter. It was so funny to me, but I couldn't laugh because they really did work so hard on the project and were trying to impress me. It worked. But they caught me at the end when they asked if I would pay them for it... Uh, good try guys! So they may not have watched conference, but they did some good service - which they did talk about during conference. Maybe they were learning my osmosis...
Thank you Sophie, Peter, Katie and Michael. Job well done. You can clean for me anytime. I'll just show you where the Windex is next time.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Wow! I need my kids to find some friends like that!