Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Things about me.

3 Joys

1. Family

2. Freedom

3. Nature

3 Fears

1. Loosing a loved one

2. Having people see my house when it's not clean

3. Showing up somewhere on the wrong day or the wrong time



3 Obsessions

1. The Computer

2. Taking pictures

3. Order & Organization



3 Surprising Facts

1. Rich and I go to bed together every single night. One never stays up later than the other one.

2. I love TV! However, we have been a tv free household for over a month now. It is so freeing!! (we do sneek The Office in on Thursdays...)

3. I hate brushing my teeth... I like the feeling of clean teeth, I just hate brushing them.



8 Things I am passionate about

1. My husband and children

2. Blogging

3. Manners (especially in my children)

4. Health, Natural Health to be specific

5. Music

6. Photography. Mine and everyone elses.

7. Doing the right thing

8. My testimony



8 Words or Phrases I say often

1. "Let's have Love" or "Say it with love". I say it in response to contention or fighting between my kids. It doesn't always work, but it helps calm the storm

2. "Yes"

3. "What happened?" Somtimes the eyes in the back of my head get blocked by my hair and I really can't see what happened in the other room.

4. "No"

5. "What ever you need/needs to be done" In response to my husbands ever spontaneous life, and owning his own business. This phase of life has his needs placed first and mine on the back burner most of the time.

6. "I love you"

7. "Sophie..." "Peter..." "Maxwell..." ( I think this all counts as one )

8. "What do you want to eat for lunch/dinner?" I haven't been very good at making a menu lately. And boy can I tell a difference. Life is so much simpler when you can plan ahead. Yesterday was the first time in a long time that I actually had the meat thawed before 6pm. It makes a huge difference when cooking hamburger on the stove. No lumps of icey hamburger in the middle that you hack away at with the wooden spoon!



8 Things I Want To Do Before I Die

1. Buy my own home

2. Go on a honeymoon with my husband. Someone told me that it doesn't count if it's not right after you got married, but I think that seeing as I didn't have one then, that when we get one, it will count. And I don't really care where it is as long as it is warm, we have no kids with us, and we are gone - both body and mind - from reality for at least one full week.

3. Get a bachelors degree in something, I don't know what yet.

4. See all of my children married in the temple

5. See general conference live

6. Take my children to a third world country to serve and to teach them how much we really have and take for granted here in the USA

7. Become PTA President

8. To feel like I have really made a difference in the world, or at least the world around me



8 Things I Pray For

1. That our Business will be sucessful

2. Faith

3. Health and Safety for my loved ones

4. To be a better wife and mother

5. That I will be able to answer someone elses prayer

6. Help...

7. That I will be able to follow the promptings of the spirit

8. That I will not take my blessings for granted



8 Things I've Learned

1. Money doesn't matter

2. You never know what someone else is going through

3. I need at least 8 solid hours of sleep at night

4. The Lord knows what is best for you- you don't

5. Trust in the Lord's timing

6. Sometimes playing with your kids is more important than cleaning the house

7. apple cider vinegar with a few drops of dish soap is a really good trap for fruit flies. I hate fruit flies.

8. I don't have to be perfect.

I won't tag anyone, just do it if you want to. It was fun.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Great post. And, I think you'll make a great PTA president someday. As a current PTA president, I wonder why I signed on for this sometimes, but mostly just love being involved with our school. That's what it's all about isn't it? I also want my bachelor's degree, and hate fruit flies! :)