Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Mud Room

Having a mud room just off the garage is wonderful. I love it. But it has been white and boring and not super functional for my family for a long time. The cubbies for shoes was always a mess with shoes always falling out. The kids coats were always on the floor because the hooks were too high for them to reach. Papers and books and misc toys were pouring out from all corners. It was a catch all room.

BUT NO MORE!!!!

This weekend we did a room make over!! Everything old went and all new came it. Good bye white, hello blue!! Rich and I painted along with our good friend Tawna (thanks again for your help!). And the new blue paint makes the hardwood floors really stand out and look beautiful! And after the paint got put up, more fun began. We got rid of the old coat board/hooks and replaced it with this new version. Hooks mounted on individual blocks, high and low!! I have a new message center. No more over sized generic cork board. I have two cork squares and two magnet squares. I even made cute tacks and magnets. Too fun! A new key rack. With fun decorations on it including the little white clock that I thought was so darling. I had the kids do paintings and displayed them in floating frames on the one wall. I also had to replace the old long rugs with these way cute and fun ones! Not to mention the 14 baskets to hold shoes, random toys, books, hats and other household necessities (didn't get a good shot of those for you). I am still waiting on my vinyl lettering for the wall by the key rack and also waiting for a little help to make a cushion out of the fabric you see on the bench. I even went as far as buying and replacing the old brass door knobs. It's a whole new room... I love it. It's mine.





2 comments:

sarah said...

I love the changes! You are so talented!

The MK Crew said...

What a cute room! It turned out so nice! Gavin is growing up so fast! And Brynlee is right on his heels - I can't believe it!