Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A new day

It's a new day with nothing new to post about...

We were in the family room after dinner and getting Max to say new and funny words. He thought it was a fun game, but I was analyzing how far his speech has come. He can't say a few things that surprised me a bit.
Th
S(with a combination letter like st, sl, sp, ect..)
S in general sounds like Ch
L
R, he usually skips that sound in a word
combination constants are hard in general like pl, dr, bl, ld, br, etc.
J sounds they also sound like Ch
full sentences are hard. He still says a lot of commands and 2-3 word sentences.
He isn't very good at describing things.

He is 3 1/2 yrs old. Do any of you know if this is in line with where he needs to be? Speech therapy helped a lot, but I still feel like he is behind. Sophie and Peter were very clear speakers from an early age so I can't really compare very well. I guess I could look it up on my own...

1 comment:

Kristin said...

We've had a little experience with this...not much but some. Jack is 4 1/2 and still not getting some sounds. I took him to a speech pathologist...he was having trouble with c...like cat, he'd say it like tat. He also had a problem with g...like game, he'd say dame. He also has a problem with his s..like snake. The lady gave me some games to play (he should have already had the c and g sounds, but didn't). As far as the s sound, she wasn't worried about it, many kids don't get that till 1st or 2nd grade. I'm curious to see what she'll say after the summer. If you're worried, get them in to be tested. The sooner they can help, the better. Hope this helps.