Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Peter's Birthday

You never forget the birth of your children. Peter is my second born and I love him so much. The past 6 years have flown by. Peter is a clone of Rich, but that doesn't mean he isn't his own person. I see Rich in him all the time, but then I see Peter too. He is kind, generous, a peace maker, sensitive, a mommy's boy, cautious, outgoing, funny, strong, independent, helpful, playful, understanding, teachable, a leader, decisive, fun, happy, smarter than he lets on, able, capable, a good and loving brother, and a wonderful son. I am grateful to be his mother. He makes me proud of him everyday.
We are so lucky to have him in our family.





Some birthday highlights Gavin crawled across the table to get a little closer to the icecream
Peter and his Star Wars Lego cake. He was dying all day to play with his new guys. I made them stay on the cake till after the candle was blown out... mean mom, right?

This is classic Peter.


Mini golfing, and the best day ever.



I love how big Gavin thinks he is as he struts his stuff and follows the bigger kids around.




One cool dude..






All the kids liked sitting with Rich and playing arcade games.






Wee...






How can you not snap a pic with the life size clone outside of the lazer tag

These two loved it, even though the vests were a little heavy and big.

Boy was this cake a stretch of the imagination. I think I am losing my birthday cake touch to allow this!!! Well, it is exactly what Peter wanted, so maybe I win some mommy points in that department.

We gave Peter the choice of a friend birthday or a family birthday this year, and he went back and forth and even invited friends to his birthday party - without checking with me first... Well, he picked a family birthday at Boondocks, we had so much fun!!!!!!! Well, Max didn't love Lazer tag. He thought it was a real star wars game and all the people were clones and were trying to shoot him dead, so he ran through the darkness of the lazer tag room, through and around all the obstacles until I caught him and took him out to Rich. But everything else was great. Fun family day. At lunch time. It was the only time we could be together as a family. We had a short breakfast, long lunch and quick cake before bed.

Happy Birthday my 6yr old.

No comments: