Thursday, June 19, 2008

Back to the Dentist



It was time for another check up today. We went right after a really fun lunch group with all our friends. Max is way younger than the otherg kids were when they first went. But I thought since we were all going, he should get checked out too. He has what we call a snaggle tooth. It's his top front left tooth. And I wanted to know if I should be concerned about it or not. I didn't get any real answers I didn't already know. We can't tell for sure until he is big enough to get x-rays. And the problem right now is just cosmetic. Sorry Max! I wanted to get some cute pictures of his first trip to the dentist, but he doesn't do pictures very well, and they only did a lap exam on my lap. Nothing too exciting.
But other than that I'm happy to report - NO CAVITIES! Although I would have been surprised if there were any. We try to be consistant with our dental hygene habits. Not always sucessful - but we try. And in my mind they are too little for something like cavities. I was surprised that this time they took the kids in for their cleanings without me. I think the kids felt really grown up about the whole thing. And their faces beamed as they walked out with their new tooth brushes (Cars and Belle) and their sticky eye ball prizes they picked out.

No comments: