Friday, June 27, 2008

Bagoon - AKA Lagoon

Can we say One Of These Things Does Not Belong? Rich is tooooo big for the kiddie swings!
Somehow Sophie got her way and sat in the front even though Pete called it first...
Beep Beep!
This was the first time I realized there were kiddie bumper cars at Lagoon - where have I been?
Peter would NOT ride this roller coaster, but Max did!
This was the boys favorite ride!
Gotta love the fountians, I just wish they wouldn't make the kids wear shirts, shorts and shoes. Shoes is fine, but they get their clothes all wet! Don't they get it? What's the big deal about being dressed running through the fountains that they have to have tons of employees standing there enforcing the rule???
Smiling and excited about the Music Express!
Happy Lagoon Day

Peter calls it Bagoon, and it drives Sophie crazy that he doesn't say it right. We promised the kids that we would take them this summer. And that is where we were headed today. My favorite question was "mom, are you sure you know the way to Lagoon?" We pass it on the way to and from the airport everytime we go... It was our stake Lagoon day, and this year we actually bought a day pass, and did more than the free things that come with Stake Lagoon Day. And it was a great day! We didn't get there until 4pm and wanted to be there around 1pm, but I was thankf ul for our late arrival. It was SO hot!! It was 91* and Sophie said it felt like 102*!!! She is a funny girl, how does she know?... Well to report on the rides, they were a hit. The biggest achievement of the day goes out to Peter. He had fun!!! He went on most of the kiddie rides happily and even went on the Music Express twice! With his little older and braver cousin Hyrum! Thanks for the peer pressure Hyrum!! It did wonders! We stayed way late, and didn't get home until midnight! I guess that makes us child abusers, keeping our kids up so late, but that last hour we could practically walk onto any ride we wanted with no lines! We were grateful for grandma and grandpa who offered to take Max home after dinner and put him to bed. But he had fun before he left and LOVED the kiddie boats the best. I did nothing but walk around, take pictures and push the stroller. What else can you do at 8 months pregnant at Lagoon? I could have ridden on the train and merry go round, but didn't. I still had fun too. Next year will be even more fun - Sophie will be tall enough to go on everything I think, and Peter will be even braver, and Max will be bigger, and the baby will be able to ride a little, and I will be able to ride too! Fun times!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun! This is the place for kids! They just love it! Well, and husbands who are kids at heart, too! I just wanted to tell you that YOU WON the giveaway from my business blog! Check it out! Email me at designbyjanece.com and I can give you details of your scripture tote prize!!! YAY!

Biffy said...

Kate loves the Music Express. I don't know how anyone can ride it without throwing up. I'm so glad you had a great day. It sure wears you out, but it's worth it.