Monday, June 23, 2008

GG came to visit




My grandma (my mom's mom) is lovingly referred to as GG (Great Grandma) by my kids. She was recently in Arizona and decided to pop in on us on her way back home to Canada. And I was so excited! I haven't seen her in more than 2 years, since I was last in Canada. When my family moved to Canada, we lived with my Grandma. And we continued to live with her for most of my growing up years in Canada. She is more like a second mother than a grandma. So I was thrilled for a visit. And I really wanted my kids to have some bonding time with her. Especially since she has never even met Maxwell - and he is almost 1 1/2 years old. She stayed for close to a week. And we took it slow and didn't do too much. We went to a lunch group, the dentist, the movies, out to eat, and only one little trip to the store. The rest of the time we spent at home enjoying each others company. The kids loved playing games with her and showing off some of their skills, like head stands against the back of the couch. We wish the time could have been longer, but we were so happy to have her even for just a few days. And we'll see her again later this summer when we go to Canada on our family vacation later this summer.


WE LOVE YOU GG!!!

THANK YOU FOR VISITING US!!!

1 comment:

Biffy said...

Your grandma sounds wonderful! I wish I could have visited with her more at the lunch group. Grandmas are the best.