Thursday, January 8, 2009

Makin' Bows

I love all the cool bows and ribbons that are out there for little girls to wear now a days. I wish they were around when Sophie was a baby, but I'm glad she is still little enough to wear them. I'm even more glad that I have learned how to make them thanks to my awesome sister in law, Cyndi. Over Christmas she taught all of us gals the tricks of her trade. She makes the cutest bows for her little baby Shelby. So we all tried our hands at it and I loved it! After Christmas was over I even went out and bought and made all the things necessary to be a bow pro like Cyndi. So I'm practicing up. On Sunday Sophie put a dress on and said "Mom I don' t have a bow to match this dress for church today. Will you make me one??" So I pulled out all the stuff and PRESTO!! A new bow. Thanks Cyndi for giving me a new hobby, and a new way to procrastinate... You're the best!
This is a little sample of what I've made so far. Bad lighting in the picture, sorry about that.

6 comments:

Tawna Searle said...

I love it you post that you love my family picture and you have a new one that's awesome!. Thanks. Is this one the colored version of the one in the entry hall at you're house? It's beautiful. I love the bows, I wish I had a girl

Janalynn said...

I love bows too! When Kailey and Kelsey were babies, the BIG head band Bows were in, I had one for every outfit. Natalie wasn't as lucky. They make fun Birthday gifts, and baby gifts too.

Biffy said...

I love all of the posts about Christmas. It looks like you guys survived with shining colors. I love the bows! Please teach me! Please, please, please!!!!

AIMEE said...

I started making Tylee's last year & I love them! If you get tired of it, Three Little Monkeys up at the Rock Loft has some cute ones. I got some really cute ideas :)

Steve and Cyndi said...

Good job! Your bows turned out so cute! I have a few other types of bows I need to try out. Next time we come to visit maybe you and I can sneek away and have another bow making party!

Natalie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HEATHER!!!! I'm sorry I've been terrible at keeping in touch! I loved your Christmas card and darling family!! Your beautiful kids are growing so fast! I hope you had a spectacular day today and enjoyed all the celebrations!! ("Forever 29" starts today, right? :)