Sunday, March 30, 2008

Getting to Know You

1. What is your occupation? I am a stay-at-home mom. Which means I am wife, mother, chef, taxi service, laundress, maid, mail man, and so much more...
2. What color are your socks right now? My feet are bare! My favorite way to be (except in the winter - can't stand my toes to be icy cold!)
3. What are you listening to right now? My family is watching the movie Hairspray. Other than that it is surprisingly quiet.
4. What was the last thing you ate? a piece of cinnamon sugar toast before I took my nap.
5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yes, that is what my mom had when I learned to drive. And I drove that car till I went to college, and then 2 years after being car-less at college I bought my very first car. A 1990 Honda, Accord. It was a stick shift.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Pink.
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My friend Tawna as we were arranging last minute things for us to get together last night. We ate dinner and watched a movie at their house. And to our surprise all the kids actually fell asleep - together!
But really - I rarely talk on the phone. I love to gab away, but don't like to be the one to make the call. So give me a call!
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Love her!
9. How old are you today? 28, and not believing it. I feel like I am 22. 28 still seems old to me.
10. Favorite drink ? Water. That's really all I drink. Though I do enjoy a root beer every once and a while with pizza or at the movies with my popcorn.
11. What is your favorite sport to watch? My idea of sports is refereeing a wrestling match between my kids. We don't watch much sports in our family.
12. Do you color your hair? Yes. My natural color. It may surprise you to know that I have quite a bit of grey hair that I'm not ready to fully embrace.
13. Pets? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Rich's brothers who live with us have a chiwawa named Casey. The kids love him. But the whole thing has taught me that I really don't want a pet, ever... Sorry to all you dog lovers. I will just have to love them while visiting at your house.
14. Favorite food? Just one?... I do have my limitations. But I love most food, especially breads. I used to be a really picky eater, but it turns out I was just not giving the unknown food a chance. Rich has changed that in me. Gotta love that guy!
15. What was the last movie you watched? I am Legend. Last night we watched it while the kids were upstairs watching a kids movie. This movie was well - a little scary and tense. Can't say I'll ever watch it again. It was not what I expected. But it did get some good screams and hand squeezers out of me.
16. What was the last book you read? Rich and I are reading the work and the Glory 5. The series is incredible.
17. What do you do to vent anger? Take a nap, going shopping. The biggest way would probably be that I throw myself into major cleaning.
19. What is your favorite season? It's here, SPRING! Love the flowers popping out. The fresh sent of grass, and no more sweaters and shoes!
20. Do you want your friends to email you back? N/A
21. Who is most likely to respond? N/A
22. Who is least likely to respond? N/A
23. Living arrangements? We still live in Rich's parents house.
24. When was the last time you cried? I choose not to answer this one. I am pregnant so I have been crying a lot lately. When the baby on the cheerio's commercial says da-da, when I'm happy, when my kids cry. And other times too.
25. What is on the floor of your closet? shoes, a dirty shirt that somehow didn't make it to the hamper. A 'secret' box of presents for the kids that we use when I buy early birthday presents and stuff. A suitcase from Rich's last business trip.
26 Who is the *friend* you have known the longest you are sending this to? N/A
27. What did you do last night? Went to a friends for dinner and a movie.
28. Favorite smells? A delicious meal (or cookies!) in the oven. Fresh cut grass. Flowers. A clean room. Smelly candles.
29. What or who inspires you? My Husband and family.
30. What are you afraid of? Someone showing up at my house unexpectedly and my house is NOT clean.
31. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheese burgers & fries!
32 Favorite bread? Fresh from the oven!
33. What is on your key ring? Car key and remote, house key that doesn't work, office key and office mail key, old gym passes that expired 1 1/2 yrs ago (why are they still on there anyway?)
34. How many years at your current job? Just over 5 years - and still counting. This job is a life sentence, in a good way!
35 Favorite day of the week? Friday. It's daddy day for one of the kids. And Rich only works 1/2 day.
36. How many states have you lived in? Texas (where I was born), Idaho, Arizona, Iowa, Pennsylvania.
37 Favorite holidays? Birthdays!!!!! And Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
38. Ever driven a Motorcycle or heavy machinery? No, and no desire to ever.


I got this in an email a long while ago, and wanted to put this on my blog instead of just in an email. I finished answering all of the questions and was about to post it when my favorite baby came over and turned the computer off! I was NOT saved when I came back so I gave up. I thought I'd try again today. I decided to stop the train with me and not forward it onto anyone. But if you feel like it, go for it. It's kind of fun to play 'getting to know you.'

No comments: