Thursday, March 27, 2008

Preschool Field Trip

I was really excited when I arranged this field trip to Krispy Kreme for Sophie's preschool. We had all the kids come early, with car seats. I had another mom, my friend Biffy (Holly's mom) help me with driving. So we took all 7 kids (plus our three little ones) and we watched them make doughnuts. Nothing different than you see every time you go get free doughnuts (maybe that's just us). But they loved it. Plus they each got a hat, balloon and yummy hot doughnut. Max loved it too, even though he had no idea what was going on. He hated the hat and wouldn't leave it on, even for a little picture. But he sure loved the doughnuts! Rich fed him one at home, bite by bite, and he couldn't shovel it in fast enough!
In the picture from left to right:
(Cameron, Madison, Peter, Sophie, Holly, Emily (Holly's little sister), Kaimen (face covered by eating his doughnut), Cade and Brooke.
The funny thing was that by the time we were done and back at my house we still had an hour of preschool and I had nothing planned. We watched an alphabet movie and then I just let them play in the basement. I was not the best teacher today. But for some reason taking all of those kids on the field trip wore me completely out!! It was a lot of fun for the kids though. Who doesn't love doughnuts! I HAD to buy a dozen assorted to take home, but the problem was that when I picked up Rich for lunch when all the kids went home and we opened the box - there were only 11 doughnuts NOT 12!!!!!!!! Who could have possible eaten that other doughnut? Rich thinks I did, but I'll never tell...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness those look awesome!!!! You have such a nice family! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry! I found you through my profile :) I clicked on raising kids in the interest section, I think! (I am horrible at remembering to introduce myself, I apologize!) But thanks for posting on my blog too! :)