Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day of firsts

Gavin's little raisin belly button fell off a few days ago. The kids were so excited, like he had reached a major milestone or something. Their reaction was so cute, they even wanted to keep the little raisin umbilical cord end - which we said no to really fast. Can anyone say GROSS!! But that means Gavin is free to take big boy baths. I have been lazy and given him sponge baths until this morning when he took his very first big bath! This little chair is great in the tub, but Gavin sure does like to wiggle off of it and be sumberged as much as possible. I wasn't surprised when he LOVED the bath!! No tears or cries at all!! First bath - a major sucess.
He also had his first outing today. To the DR. for his 2 week check up. All went well. These are his new stats.
Weight: 10 lb 5 oz (gained almost a full pound since birth - he's in the 95% in this category)
Length: 21 1/2 inches (for those paying attention, yes this is shorter than his birth lenth. So someone measured wrong... He's still long and tall at any rate)
Head circ: 14.5 (nice and average)

2 comments:

Steve and Cyndi said...

I just wanted to say that I quite enjoy the blog lists with the updates! Very fun! And, I also like that you called the private blogs "Friends with secrets!" Good title!

And, I just love how "tiny" Gavin is! Can't wait to hold him again! Oh, and what's with measuring wrong? How do you explain that in his baby book?!!

Heather said...

I think the nurse at the DR office measured wrong. It looked to me like Gavin's knee what slightly bent when she measured. So that is where the extra inch went.
And, I too love the updated blog lists. Makes it so I don't have to search everyone's blog to look for updates!!!