Friday, August 15, 2008

Grandma Canada - AKA - my mom



I was so shocked and Surprised to see my mom walk into my bedroom a week ago yesterday. My brother helped her fly down to be with me in my time of need. I can't thank him enough for making it possible for me to have my mom here, just when I truly needed her the most. Thank you Michael. And my mom went right to work, hardly stopping for a break the whole time she was here. She worked and played so hard!! Giving each of the kids special one on one time with Grandma Canada and also doing so much for me at the same time. She took Sophie to the store to pick out a special outfit for kindergarten (Sophie convinced her she needed 2 outfits and a pair of shoes too, Grandma sure spoiled her!!) and took Peter to the park, and even Max to the park on his own. She also bravely took all 3 kids to ice cream and then on a different day to McDonald's. She played games and read books and had fun just doing what Grandma's do best. Of course she also got baby time. While the two of us would sit together in my room and visit she got to just sit and hold Gavin. So fun!!!
It's hard for me to say thank you because it's not a big enough word to describe how I feel about the last week. Me and my family and home have been so incredibly blessed because of my mother. All those dishes and laundry and diapers!!! They don't ever stop - even when you do. And it's not just those THINGS, it was my MOTHER. Sometimes you just need your mom. I needed her, and it was made possible for her to be there. I am so grateful. I LOVE YOU MOM!
Now I am just that much further ahead in my recovery and I think it will be so much easier from here on out. I have had a full week of being forced to do nothing but rest. I had room service to the extreme!!! And now it is back to real life again, but I know I can do it! Slowly, surely and literally one step at a time.

1 comment:

Biffy said...

Moms are the best, especially at times like this. I am so glad she was able to come and take care of you and your family. And that Gavin is adorable!