Sunday, August 17, 2008

Two Weeks Old


It's been two weeks now since Gavin came into this world. We are starting to form our lives again. I'm getting more mobile (FINALLY) and I am realizing how much I'm not doing, and how much my kids are doing - both good and bad. I knew my mom did a lot while she was here, but now I'm seeing it. I am still pretty worthless in the cleaning department. Rich and his family have helped out, but I'm ready to help myself only my body isn't quite up to speed. But I am on the mend. I went downstairs 3 times yesterday!!! And I helped clean the kitchen after dinner. I was wiped out by 9pm, but I did it! Everyday gets a little easier. My goal is to be able to walk with Sophie around the block to her first day of school next week. So wish me luck in my recovery up to that point.
Gavin is a wonder. I couldn't ask for a better baby. We are struggling a little with a bad diaper rash that tends to make him extra sad when he needs a diaper change. I think we finally figured it out though after switching diaper brands, diaper rash cream brands and powder. We think the wipes are the cause of the problem. So we are using a damp cloth (like the good old days). It may seem a little gross, but it is working - we think. So the next step after it clears up is to buy the more expensive, but necessary, sensitive wipes. Other than this little pesky problem life is grand with Gavin.

2 comments:

Kierstin said...

I agree with you on the more expensive sensitive wipes. thats what we've been using on Mia and they're working like a charm. Little /gavin is so cute and sweet, good job!

Jamie said...

Heather- Ashton had that exact same problem as a baby- very sensitive skin. For the first few months, we did just use wash cloths. (Mother-in-law kept reminding me that is how they used to do it anyway!) Eventually, the alcohol-free, sensitive ones worked just fine.