Saturday, August 23, 2008

Uh-Oh....It's Paint!!!



There was some 'sticky stuff' on the fire hydrant outside of our house this morning. That's what Peter told me. I assumed it was something spilled on it, and didn't think much of it until al little while later Sophie and Peter came running in the house so proud and excited about their RED HANDS!!!! I guess some smart person decided to go around and paint the fire hydrands sometime earlier this morning (don't they know that all kids love to play outside on Saturday mornings and some smart kids - like my own - would find the 'sticky stuff' all over it and do exactly what my kids did???????) I felt bad that we couldn't return their enthusiasm for the red hands. But we had to act fast. They got paint on the yellow part of the fire hydrant, on the rocks of Grandpa's waterfall, all over the front door, their hands, clothes, counter, and I am still afraid that we may have overlooked some place. We got it off of everything in time, except the clothes. Any tips???? Peter loves that shirt, and I hate to throw it away... So that was just a taste of our Saturday morning.

1 comment:

Kierstin said...

Heather, I love how your write your blog posts.. you're so funny! Don't you just love the 'fun' things that kids do to stay busy just when you think you've got it all under control?? Good luck with that paint :)