Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School




How exciting!!! Sophie's first day of school!! It turned out so great. She already has one friend in her class from preschool last year, and I was proud of her for not being too shy in class today. She didn't cling to me at all and fully participated when she was asked to. Her teacher, Mrs. Stanford, is a new teacher and Sophie was excited that she is a grandma! They had fun decorating these birthday bags, coloring, and following directions. She was also excited that she got to wear her new Hannah Montana shirt and new shoes, and she got to wear her hair long - her favorite hair do. I was surprised at how many papers I got, and how many sign-ups there were for me to sign up for. She will LOVE kindergarten, she is SO ready for it!!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I had forgotten that Sophie and Brenna were close in age (for some reason I thought Sophie was 4), and when I saw she was going into Kinder I was shocked! Boy how time flies. Not sure if you read my family blog, but we ended up keeping Brenna in K (instead of 1st) and doing the Spanish/English program. It'll be fun to watch these two little brown haired Hannah Montana fans grow and change. Aren't they gorgeous!

Steve and Cyndi said...

Yippee! I'm glad Sophie was brave!