Sunday, August 24, 2008

Three Weeks Old

Another week has gone by, and it feels like an eternity... I am starting to forget what life was like before Gavin came along. As it should be. We will forever be a family of 6. This last week was a little more crazy than I was anticipating, but you know what? It's over, and now we can move onto a new week. I love Monday's! They are the beginning of a new week. A chance to move forward and begin again. A chance to do all the things the way you want to do them. A fresh, clean slate. This new week hasn't been tainted yet by crying kids and yelling mom. Or by sleepless nights and chores undone. So I am grateful for Monday's.
And tomorrow is a special Monday. Sophie starts school, sort of. I go with her tomorrow, and then her real classes begin next week - when I drop her off and walk home alone leaving my big girl to enter her new world of school and growing up. This is our last week together as my little girl... Time goes by so quickly.
I was just looking through a scrapbook tonight when Sophie was little(er) and it feels like yesterday. Pictures bring memories back at flooding paces and you remember things that have been stored in the archives of your brain. I guess that's why I try to take as many as I can. So I never forget anything or any part of this exciting life of mine and my families life.

1 comment:

Alan and Lynette said...

I picked the cummiest time to take a blogging hiatus!!! I haven't read any blogs for weeks! Not that I could have done anything for you from so far away, but I'm so sorry things have been so crazy, but so glad you are surrounded by people that can love and take care of you...You are amazing! And Gavin is SOOOO sweet! I'm glad he's a good sleeper!