Thursday, January 24, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

I AM 28 NOW!!!

My morning started out great. I slept in, and didn't feel guilty about it! I thought I was really just laying there awake, but the next thing I know the kids come in with some birthday presents that Rich had woken them up early to wrap! I didn't hear a thing and they were right across the hall!!! Rich said that I needed to put this on before I came down. A super soft, warm, cute heart bath robe. I love it! I guess he was tired of me stealing his all the time. We went down stairs and Rich had made my favorite (one of my favorite) breakfasts. Pancakes with cool whip and strawberries. We were just missing the bacon and OJ. Need to go shopping. So we opened presents and ate our yummy food! Not many exciting thing happened after that. Sophie went to preschool, I got ready, and then decided that I didn't want to make a boring lunch at home, so all of us went to Pace's for burgers, fries and onion rings. It's one of our favorite burger joints. Just a tiny place that I never would have gone to without someone taking us first. Thanks Ford's! In the middle of the day Rich came home after running a quick errand. He had ordered this great fruit bouquet for me!! All edible! It is so good, and the strawberries are so big and juicy! I was very surprised. They have a website you should visit. http://www.fruitflowers.com/ Then I played with the kids all afternoon (instead of chores, who wants to do that on your birthday?!) till Karolee came over for a visit. She was going to stay for dinner, and then for cake after, but it was getting too late. So that just meant more cake for us!! Which by the way was to die for! This is my favorite cake, and Rich and I stayed up late last night making it together. The kids wanted to help me blow out the 6 candles on the cake (I don't know why 6 was chosen, but it was better than the 28 that could have been there. Who wants to eat waxy cake?) So they gathered around and I love it when the kids sing happy birthday, too cute! The night finished up with Rich and I watching a movie in bed. I love my birthday! And can't wait to eat leftover cake for breakfast!!!

Here is the recipe for my yummy cake!

Strawberry Cheesecake Torte
1 (16 ounce) package one-step angel food cake mix
1 tablespoon
confectioners' sugar
1 (1/3 ounce) package
sugar-free strawberry gelatin
1/2 cup
boiling water
1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
1 (8 ounce) package
reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
1/3 cup
nonfat milk
2 tablespoons
lemon juice
3 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
1 (3 1/2 ounce) package
cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix

1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1
kiwi fruit, peeled, halved and sliced
1 1/2 teaspoons grated
lemon peel


Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with ungreased parchment paper. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Sprinkle sugar over a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Immediately invert cake onto baking sheet. Gently peel off parchment paper; cool completely.
Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in jam until melted. With a fork, poke cake at 1/2-in. intervals. Brush with gelatin mixture; chill for 10 minutes.
In a bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and lemon juice. Add whipped topping and pudding mix; whisk well. Reserve 1 cup. Place remaining pudding mixture in a pastry bag with a large star tip.
Trim edges of cake. Cut widthwise into three equal rectangles; place one on serving plate. Spread 1/2 cup reserved pudding mixture in center. Pipe pudding mixture around top edge of cake. Repeat with second cake layer. Top with remaining cake layer. Pipe pudding mixture along top edges. Fill center with fruit. Sprinkle with lemon peel. Store in refrigerator.

(This is a Pampered Chef Recipe, but they didn't have it on their web site. We have it in a book, but wanted to share it with everyone, and I didn't want to type it out. But www.recipezaar.com did. They are our source to go to for finding copy cat recipes. They always turn out great!)

PS- Thank you to all of you that sent birthday wishes. I got so many emails, posts on facebook, phone calls, cards in the mail, and stop ins today. Thank you all for thinking of me on my special day!!!! I love you all! You helped to make my day extra special!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow! What a great birthday! I hope my 28th is half that great! That cake looks so yummy, we're definitely going to try that recipe!

Natalie said...

Yay! What fun day! Hooray! Twenty-eight sounds great! (Ok, I need some adult conversation!) :D

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday!!!

JaNece said...

Ok, so I'm a few days off, but Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds so fun. What a cute family! And that Richard...I don't even think Pat knows how to make pancakes. I'm glad you got spoiled! Birthdays are the best! Happy 28!