Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Two Boys in the Tub

I finally made the big decision. It was time to separate Sophie and Peter at bath time. I think I was putting it off for so long for a few different reasons. One was because they could sit together in the tub and play for an hour! It was so cute, and the other was because Max has been too little to actually sit and play in the tub, and I couldn't even think about three baths each bath night!!!! That was too much. Max is now big enough to sit, play and really enjoy bath time with Peter. They can have a lot of fun together. As long as there are no bubbles. Max does not like bubbles. He screams and cries. But other than that we have it down to a system. They go in together, get washed and play, then I take Max out to get dressed while Peter plays a little longer. Then I get him out, and all the guys, add more hot water, and then let Sophie get in, usually with all of her polly pockets, in their swim suits - NO BOYS ALLOWED!!! Peter gets dressed, and we wait for Sophie to finish playing. Peter usually busts his way into the bathroom and she always splashes him with water and gets his jammies all wet, and he cries. We tell him over and over, don't go in - she'll splash you. But he doesn't listen. I used to let him change into dry jammies, but now if he goes in and gets wet then his consequence is that he has to stay in his wet jammies. But we love bath time, and I'm happy about our new routine.




No comments: