Saturday, January 26, 2008

My Birthday Isn't Over Yet...

Just when I thought my birthday was done, it keeps on going!! Friday afternoon Rich and were chatting about nothing and he all of a sudden blurts out "I can't keep it a secret any longer!!!!!!! We are going away over night up to Logan! And we are leaving the kids!!" I was in total shock, especially when I realized he had been keeping this a secret for 2 weeks, and now everyone but me knew about it! We were going to the Sherwood Hills Resort ( www.sherwoodhills.com ), Rich had a gift certificate that he got on trade. I was very impressed with his secret keeping skills which are usually non-existant. So when Aaron came home from work, we left. And we left Max too. Now that he is officially weened from all nursing, we could leave him, and that was SO nice. We started by going to Chili's for dinner. We used my birthday gift card from Rich's mom for that. When we showed up at the door there was a 40 minute wait! And we didn't want to wait that long. But luckily the host said there were 2 empty seats at the bar. So that's where we ate. And we were acutally in and out in less than the 40 minute wait. The roads and weather were good and luck seemed to be on our side, especially when we found the hotel (which is hidden in the mountians) with no trouble. What a nice and relaxing night! And we slept in the next morning, ahhhhh... With no kids, ahhhhh.... The weather and scenery were breath taking. We took a leisurely morning and then made our way into Logan where we had Jamba Juice and Einstein Bagels for breakfast. We had a Jamba Juice gift card from Julie, Rich's secratary. She gave it to us months ago, but this was the perfect time to use it. We were without kids and decided to go and do a session at the Logan temple. What a nice day, and then we drove home. It was all so wonderful! Thank you Rich. I have to say that being gone for less than 24 hours was perfect. I thought about the kids, a little. But didn't miss them too much. I just enjoyed being alone with Rich. What I did miss were 2 things I take for granted everyday. My pillow!! I use this great waterfilled pillow called a chiroflow pillow that always gives the perfect support for my head, and I love it!! So it was an adjustment to go from the best pillow to a flat nothing pillow at the hotle. And the other thing was my eye mask that I sleep with. It is so comfy, and contures to my face so well. You can even blink your eyes under the soft foamy eye mask. And it doesn't let in any light. I can take a nap in the middle of the day and it will feel like the middle of the night. ( I know that from experiece!)
But this was such an unexpected, and wonderful getaway!
Thanks again Rich, I love you so much!!!







No comments: