Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Twirly Dress

When I was a little girl I was a flower girl in my Uncle's wedding. This is the dress I wore. I remember thinking it was the fanciest dress in the world, and that I looked like a princess. And it was one of those things I always wanted to keep to give to my little girl one day for her to wear. Well, today is the day. My mom brought it down with her when she came for Christmas, and it fits Sophie! She loves it because it twirls!!!! That's one of the things I always loved about it too! Today, after she was dressed, she came to me begging to wear the twirly dress - so I said yes. She even put on bracelets and rings and necklaces to complete the outfit. Needless to say, she was twirling all day long!

2 comments:

JaNece said...

That is so sweet! I totally had a twirly dress when I was a little girl. I don't know if my mom saved it though. I also remember having clicky shoes that I wore to church. I knew I was fancy if I had shoes that clicked and dresses that twirled! Girls are so cute!

Steve and Cyndi said...

Me too! Except I called my dress my "turn around dress!" I guess because when I put it on I HAD to turn around and around!!