Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Sacrament

During church today we were taking the sacrament. This is where they pass around trays of broken bread, and then trays of small cups of water. We took the bread as normal, and then the water came. I was watching Max on one side of me, and not watching Peter on the other side of me. I turned just in time to see him drinking his second cup of water. I immediately told him that he couldn't have two, just one, using my fingers to demonstrate one bread and one water. We passed the tray on down the row, and finished our discussion. I reminded him that the reason we only take one piece of bread and have one cup of water is because there is only one Jesus. He then looked at me with one finger in the air, and raising his second finger as he said "But Jesus had a friend..." saying it in his cute yet mischievous little way, with his big blue eyes doing most of the talking. He also admitted to me that he had also taken two pieces of bread. That was the end of the conversation. I turned away and I tried to contain my side slapping laughter as other people around us were being reverent and partaking of the sacrament. I shared the story with Rich and the two of us were crying, we were laughing so hard.

No comments: