Monday, April 7, 2008

At it again

As you can see from the picture, Sophie now has a twin outfit for her and her doll Hailey. Grandma has been at it again, sewing away. She happened to have just the right amount of material to make a tiny version of the outfit she made for Sophie last week. Sophie was SO proud that she had to change into hers too so they could be twins. The only problem was that today was not a short sleeve/capri day. In fact it was hailing by mid morning. But we made do. But before we could leave she MADE me fix their hair twiners also. Ponytail on the side. And to tell you the truth I secretly loved it! I always had this dream of having girls close in age so I could dress them identically. But that dream has been crushed to pieces. Being pregnant with baby #4, and knowing it's a boy (for the third time in a row), there is no chance in having a baby girl close enough in age to Sophie to find matching clothes. That is if we have another one after #4. No promises either way. See Sophie will be 5 1/2 when new baby comes. That means she would be at least 7 or 8 if we have another one. But back to Sophie and her doll. So they looked so cute together, and Sophie was beaming from head to toe. And off we went to run errands at Walmart. Walmart = errands in our house. I don't usually go many other places. I'd like to, but when I'm lugging around 3 little angles I get tired and can't make it to all the other places I'd like to go. Walmart does have everything, usually. One stop shopping is the way for me. What will I do when I have 4?... Anyway. The kids always ask to take a toy to the store and my normal rule is that they may take a toy in the car, but leave it in the car. I've experienced lost toys and keeping track of toys. Too much for me. But I made an exception today and I let her take Hailey into the store, matching outfits and all. And she overheard comments from other little girls about the twin doll clothes. I think that made her day. The story may end there, but it didn't. Well night came and we had Family Home Evening. Peter was in charge of the activity and wanted to go to Petsmart to look at the animals. We were up for it and spent an hour looking in the store. The same situation applied with Sophie and her doll Hailey. But this time Hailey spent her time in the shopping cart instead of in Sophie's arms. When we left the store Sophie asked me with sad expression - Why didn't anyone say anything about mine and Hailey's clothes. Oh Sophie, and her need for attention... She wants Grandma to make 100 outfits for Hailey, including a wedding dress. With matching ones of course for her. She is too cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THAT is ADORABLE!

I know it is hard not to worry, but you'll make it with 4! Although I have 4 girls, and somehow I think that may be a tad easier than boys....

Your lil girl is so sweet with her matching baby doll ♥