Tuesday, April 8, 2008

An Hour of Peace?

With the new found love my kids have of playing with the neighbors, I thought I was home free this afternoon when I put Max down for nap. Sophie was next door and Peter was 2 houses down. I had a million things to do but I thought I'd use my time for me to catch up on some reading and maybe get a quick nap in myself. Boy was I wrong. I barely read a couple of sentences when Sophie came in the house and bounding up the stairs with a question. Try reading again and... Then the phone rang. Then it rang again. Tried closing my eyes in the chair. Then Peter came in with a question. Phone rings again. One of the other neighbor kids knocks on the door. Doorbell rings. And at last the phone rings again. None of the calls were important by the way. A couple of 1-800 #'s and other stuff. So I quit on the 'me time'. And came downstairs to grab a snack then tried something else. It was only in the quitting and doing something else did I notice that NOW there have been no inturuptions. Oh the irony. Life is not fair I tell you. Now the kids are home and I'm sure Max will wake up soon adding to the joy of making dinner. Really, what would I give to have an hour of real peace and quiet, doing nothing of importance to anyone... Do moments like that really exist... It's probably safer if I don't know the answer to that one...

3 comments:

Muir Family said...

If you ever find out how to get that hour of peace--LET ME KNOW!!!

Anonymous said...

I am thinking that an hour Maaaay be too much to ask while the kids are small! LOL

But I have to say as they get older, they don't seem to wanna hang out with mama quite as much. So just take stock in the fact that your alone time will be soon coming. Sooner than you think!! :)

I am having a bloggy giveaway! Maybe you can stop by and see if you are interested in any of the things I will be giving away! :) The first is a book, which may not be of use to you at this point in your life! ;) haha

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Pen Drive, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://pen-drive-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.