Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Discovery Gateway Children's Museum

We drove right by the museum while driving around looking for it when we first came! How'd we do that? www.discoverygateway.org is where you can learn all about the Children's Museum in SLC. Discovery Gateway. WHAT FUN!!! We went in the middle of the day and I could not believe just how busy the place was!!! Kids, parents, and strollers were in every square inch of the place. But that didn't stop any of our kids from having a great time! We went with a hug group. 20 people in all! JoAnne and her kids, Kim and her kids, Karolee and Derek (Macie was sick), me and my kids, Steve & Cyndi with Shelby, and Aaron came too! We all met there and played for three hours, going on 30 hours... We were all exhausted by the time we were done. But check out all these fun photos of our busy day... these are from the website. Gives you a good idea of how cool everything is!
I was impressed with how age approprite and engaging everything was!
Max LOVED the water that he could barely see over the edge, but really he loved everything! He would cry moving from one place to the next. He was having so much fun, as long as I was right by his side.

The helicopter out of the roof was really cool! Too bad it was so windy and cold out there!
I loved watching Max teeter around doing what he does best, exploring!
I couldn't keep my eye on Peter enough. I was sure we would have lost a kid while we were there. Namely Peter, Justin, Sam or Thomas. But we left with nothing lost except our binki. (I had a spare in my purse, thank goodness!!)
OK, I think the ball area at the front of the museum really was Max's favorite. He loves to throw things!! He picked up a ball and randomly threw it in any direction he could. Over and over. Sophie was such a big girl and loved the play kitchen and play baby area the best. She was my helper too when I couldn't find Peter. Gotta love big sisters!
The infant area was great. Well confined and yet still fun. All our babies enjoyed some time in here.


Peter's favorite area was the construction area. He spent most of his time there.Uncle Aaron was a great guy to have around. He is an awesome uncle!! PS-Happy Belated Birthday!The dress up area was fun too, the kids kept getting lost behind the curtain! Sophie waited the whole time to walk through the gift shop at the end of our day. So patient...




No comments: