Friday, April 4, 2008

Lessons Learned

This week we all learned some lessons.
Sophie and Peter learned the meaning of being grounded.
This is a punishment that I don't really know how I feel about it. I remember only once or twice being grounded growing up. I really believe in punishments that fit the crime. (eating candy before dinner = no candy) But they both, at different times, left the house without asking to go play at their friends house. So I thought the punishment that fit the crime was that they could not leave the house/play with friends the next day, AKA 'you are grounded'. Peter didn't learn the first time and hence got grounded twice this week. The second time was when I was taking a nap and he just decided to leave. The reason I mention this is because Sophie knew where he went. I asked her why she didn't stop him. And she said she wanted him to get grounded... That little stinker - both of them! They play with the neighbors, so they weren't in danger of cars or anything. But you need to know where your kids are! And there have been some scary things on the news about kids who went playing in the neighborhood which worries me, even in our safe little culdisac. And I also don't like the idea or habit of my family just leaving and not telling anyone, I think it's bad manners, and rude. So we are nipping this one in the bud.
I also learned to get a time from the carpet man! We scheduled to have our carpets cleaned on Thursday morning, first thing (what time is that anyway?). So I got up extra early and tidied up. No small task, especially in the basement and Peter's bedroom. Well, this man trades services with Rich. Carpets for Chiropractic. And something came up so he didn't show up yesterday. But I didn't know that until lunch time, but I thought it was good to force me to get some of that done (the basement) that may have otherwise been overlooked - again. And he also rescheduled for today, so I felt prepared going to bed last night. Well, it is now after 11am, and I have a sneaky feeling he isn't coming... AGAIN. He and Rich schedule with each other - or I would call him. I'm a little frustrated and told Rich. He said we are lucky just to schedule a day with him. But I have been keeping toys, blankets, clothes, anything kid and furniture off the carpet for more than a day now, just waiting around for this man to come. I could pull my hair out!

No comments: